Go Tec Diving
Enjoy the Challenge of Deep Diving
What makes Ustica one of the most popular scuba destinations of the Mediterranean is that the great part of the dive sites are available to all recreational divers. Nevertheless, as the tip of a submerged volcano, the seabed surrounding the island rapidly break down at great depths. So some dive sites area really a big draw for lovers of the abyss.
Tec Dive Package
Although not being a real technical scuba destination several spots deserve the plunge. If you're a certified Tec Diver (Tec / Deco 40 or more), you would love to get to know what's down there!
- Punta Galera - The most popular and all-purpose dive spot of Ustica. The bottom falls along a rapid slope from a strip of lava ground down to a sandy bottom. At about 40 metres let behind the wall and begin to see the profile of some rocks, the so-called "Massi Fuori" (the External Rocks).
- Secca della Colombara - The ultimate dive spot for pelagic life, a massive basaltic rock which rises from a bottom of 60 meters or more. You don't need to dive deep to encounter the amberjacks and schools of barracudas, but over 30 metres you get to appreciate the whole scenario.
- Piramidi - You wouldn't imagine to find such depth so close to the shore. Massive rocks from 6 metres plunge vertically to the bottom with a sequence of caves and passages that would tempt any passionate diver to explore.
- Secchitello - Regarded one of the most challenging dives for its plunge into the blue to the top of the shoal at 25 metres and frequently battered by currents. We usually dive in this spot within the limit of 30 metres to encounter the best pelagic life attract by the imposing rocks, but crossing the threshold of the recreational depth limit allows us to admire the rich coral substrate and wildlife species that live deep down.
- Banco Apollo - Even those who have come to Ustica for decades may not have been to this dive spot. Neither all dive centres know where it is. It is though very popular among biologists, as it is doubled at its peak (-45 m) of the stand in Laminaria rodriguezii from the Atlantic.
If you're a Tec-Rec Diver and would love to focus your dive vacation in Ustica on its deeper zone, get your 5-Tec Dive Package and enjoy the deep blue of the island.
Technical Dive Training
Technical Diving allows you to extend your diving beyond recreational “no stop” limits, to plan longer dives at shallower depths, or to plan dives to more advanced depths and locations.
Expand your diving skills and knowledge by enrolling a training program during your stay in Ustica.
The PADI/DAN DEEP - X DIVER specialty course enables you to enter into the technical world staying within the limits of recreational diving equipment by diving safely beyond the no-decompression limits.
You will learn to plan your dives with the Deco Software, to dive to a maximum depth of 40 meters with decompression using a single bailout cylinder.
The PADI Tec 40 course is where you transition from recreational scuba diving to technical diving. It's a great place to start because it's the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Diver course and bridges the gap between no stop diving and full technical deep decompression diving. You gain experience and begin building the knowledge and skills you need to continue your tec diver training.
Get the chance to start your new scuba adventure in one of the most fascinating deep-blue dive destinations of the Mediterranean!